By using your Web API Publisher key, you can sync data between Talo and Steamworks.
Talo syncs leaderboards by mapping between the ID of the leaderboard in Talo and in Steamworks. If we cannot find a mapping, we will fall back to mapping between the Talo
Internal name and the Steamworks
Name (not the
Community name). To ensure syncing works correctly, you may want to avoid manually updating the
Name inside Steamworks.
When you create a leaderboard in Talo, we'll automatically create one in Steamworks too. Unfortunately, there are a few caveats:
- Unfortunately the Steamworks API doesn't allow us to push through display names, you will need to set a Community Name inside Steamworks to make the leaderboard "public"
Uniqueproperty will be ignored since Steamworks leaderboards only allow unique entries
- The Steamworks leaderboard will only allow trusted writes (i.e. from a server, not a client)
Unfortunately the Steamworks API does not have a way to update leaderboards. However, if the leaderboard does not exist in Steamworks, we will create it.
When you delete a leaderboard in Talo, we'll also delete it in Steamworks.
When a player submits a score, we'll also push that score through to your Steamworks leaderboard. It'll use the
KeepBest method since as mentioned above, Steamworks leaderboards are always in unique mode.
Toggling score visibility
If you hide an entry, we will delete it from the Steamworks leaderboard. If you then unhide the entry, we'll re-create it.
Manually syncing leaderboards
Here's how it works:
- We'll pull in your leaderboards from Steamworks
- If a leaderboard exists in Talo and Steamworks (by checking the mapping), we will update the
Internal namein Talo as well as set
true(as all Steamworks leaderboards only allow unique entries)
- If the leaderboard does not exist in Steamworks, we will create it
- If the leaderboard does not exist in Talo, we will create a unique-mode leaderboard
- For each of your players with a Steam alias, we will create or update entries from each leaderboard
- If a leaderboard entry only exists in Talo, we will create it for your Steamworks leaderboard
Talo syncs stats by mapping between the
Internal name in Talo and the
API name in Steamworks. To ensure syncing works correctly, you may want to avoid manually updating the
API name inside Steamworks.
When a stat changes for a player, we'll update it in Steamworks.
Manually syncing stats
Here's how it works:
- We'll pull in your stats from Steamworks - each
Set byneeds to be
GSin order for us to find the stat
- If a stat exists in Talo and Steamworks (by checking the mapping), we will update the
- If the stat does not exist in Talo, we will create a non-global stat with a matching
Nameto the Steamworks one
- Unfortunately, if the stat does not exist in Steamworks, we cannot create one, you will need to do this manually
- For each of your players with a Steam alias, we will update their stats with the ones from Steamworks
- If a player stat only exists in Talo, we will push it through to Steamworks